07 May My Top 5 Fat Burning Secrets
- Restricting calories is not the answer! Contrary to what many believe, severely restricting calories can actually have an adverse affect on weight loss and fat burning. When our bodies experience a caloric deficit for an extended period of time, it becomes harmful to our bodies and ultimately can damage and slow down the metabolism, making it very difficult to burn fat and lose weight. Fat burning should not come from eating less. It should come from eating more of the right things!
- Drinking enough water throughout the day, your metabolic rate can increase by up to 30%! Often times, when we think were hungry, it is actually our body telling us that we are thirsty. That is why keeping track of your water intake is so important.
- Drink more green tea! Studies have shown green tea to be an incredible agent for fat burning. Drinking an average of 4 cups per day can help speed up the metabolism, thus burning fat, and assisting with weight loss.
- Spice up your foods with cayenne and hot peppers! Certain foods are shown to have a thermogenic effect on the body, meaning assist in raising the body’s internal temperature and in burning fat. Things like hot chili peppers and cayenne can do just that! Feel the burn and melt the fat away!
- Say “goodbye “ to fat with sleep! Research shows that people who sleep an average of 8.5 hours per night burn exponentially more fat than those who sleep fewer hours. Getting in an average of 8.5 hours of sleep per night can literally help you burn fat while you sleep, while also helping to preserve muscle and help you to wake up feeling not only rested and lean, but less hungry!