07 May 5 Things to Remember When Prepping Food for Travel
Posted at 18:42h in Fitness 0 Comments
One BIG reason I have come across, as to why people decide to hold off on starting a diet and training program, is because they are getting ready to travel, and think that they have to wait until AFTER the trip is over to get started. I am on the road and living in hotel rooms CONSTANTLY and would like to share my tips on sticking to a diet plan, and how you can get started BEFORE your trip, and how to be successful in doing this!
- Almost ALL hotels offer microwaves and fridge in-room. FOR FREE. Just be sure to call ahead of time to give them a heads up so you aren’t waiting for them to bring them up when you arrive!
- Yes, you can bring food through security check! I have never had anyone from TSA give me grief for bringing a cooler of food through security. Just be sure to freeze SOME meals, because you CANNOT keep ice packs in your cooler.
- You can find coolers/back packs/6 pack bags that can easily fit in the overhead as your carry-on luggage.
- Over cook! The easiest way to prep for travel is to cook a little more than you think you will need for the trip. You can preserve a lot of space by cooking all your meats and putting them in ziploc bags, as well as your veggies and carbs.
- Put your food scale in the bag! Along with plastic ware and maybe a measuring cup if needed. OR you can divide your meals out into individual ziplocks if you have the time before you leave!
Did you know that in the Fitin5 program I offer both home and gym plans, and can customize your program to your hotel gym, and give you alternative workouts for when certain equipment is not available?