07 May 5 Easy Ways to Lose Weight FAST With Healthy Lifestyle Changes
The number one goal that most of my clients list when starting a Fit in 5 Challenge is “I want to lose weight”. Even carrying around just 5 excess pounds of fat, is enough for clients to list this as a goal.
Fortunately there are many simple ways that you can cut calories, and drop pounds without spending a fortune, and today I want to share 5 of my favorites with you!
- Walk for lunch– Instead of going out to eat, or sitting in the break room, bring your own healthy lunch, or substitute this meal for a protein shake and then walk the rest of your break.
- Shop the Perimeter of the Grocery Store– The outer perimeter of grocery stores is where the healthiest and lowest-calorie foods are located. Here is where you’ll find foods such as fruits, vegetables, meats, eggs, and yogurt. If you want to cut calories, avoid the middle of the store, where all the processed foods are. Especially avoid the aisles of sodas, chips, and candy.
- Skip the Dressing– Instead of drenching your salad with creamy dressing, use oil (lightly) or vinegar (which is calorie-free). You can save more than 100 calories per salad this way. I also like to squeeze fresh lemon or lime, and season with pepper.
- Use Cooking Spray– Using cooking spray can cut numerous calories and fat from the food you prepare at home. For instance, you may put two spoonfuls of butter or margarine in a pan when cooking eggs for breakfast. If you switch to cooking spray, you could save 34 calories or more each meal. Over time, this adds up.
- Use Smaller Plates– Using smaller plates and bowls means there’s less space to fill up with food to make your plate look full. With this approach, it’s likely you could eat 20% less, and chances are you’ll feel just as full, especially if you eat slow. This also helps avoid portion distortion.